Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears.....Oh my!


Well I took the girls to the zoo this week.I went with my sister-in-law and a couple other moms.This was my pumpkins first visit and only my monkey's second.Her first trip was when she was around 18 months or so and we went with my mom.So its been a while.
I must admit after their antics before we left for the zoo, I was really tempted to leave them there.Although I am not so sure that the monkeys would have wanted them either.But by the time they got to the zoo they were very well behaved.So no drastic measures needed to be taken.

We managed to see all of the big animals like the lions,tigers,giraffes and elephants but we whizzed through so fast that we didn't really get to enjoy them.The other moms had seasons pass
es so it didn't really matter to them if they were only there for a couple hours.Going with friends is fun but I must admit there is something to going alone.To go at your own pace.Oh well,it won't be the last trip to the zoo,I'm sure.The girls and I stayed for about an hour after everyone else had gone.We enjoyed a snack of strawberries and grapes and the girls had a great time at the park climbing through the tunnels and racing down the slides.By about 1 o'clock the zoo was beginning to get over run with school kids on field trips so that was our cue that maybe it was time to go. I think the highlight of the trip was all of the kids were running around asking where "Marty" and "Melmen" were.I think they have all seen just a little bit too much "Madagascar".Too funny!

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

We get zoo passes for christmas which I think is a perfect gift - that way you can stay as long as you feel like (or not). And it seems like there are always school buses full of kids.
Sounds like it was a fun adventure.
Now I want to watch Madagascar!