Monday, August 31, 2009

Why am I doing this????



Today was my official/unofficial start to my homeschooling journey.I just thought I would share some reasons that I chose to homeschool.However after today I think it is more for me that it is for you!I need to remind myself regularly what I was thinking when I decided this was a good thing.

  1. 1.To instill the values that we want our girls to know (ie. Knowledge and love of God, respect for other people and their belongings, appropriate manners, a healthy respect for work.)
  2. To strengthen our family unit
  3. To teach them according to their strengths and interests.
  4. To limit encounters with harmful influences before they are ready.(bullying,peer pressure,cliques,drugs,sexual pressures)
  5. For the joy of learning (mine as well as theirs)


OR


  1. I drew the short straw that day
  2. I was standing too close to someone smoking questionable substances
  3. "They" made me do it!
  4. It was a moment of frequently occurring insanity
  5. I really enjoy spending twenty-four hours a day inside my little house with two little whirl winds that couldn't sit still for two seconds at a time,if their life depended on it
Those are your choices folks.You can decide for yourself which list is the real one.Only I know the truth!
They're coming to take me away hee hee.........

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

There are so many fun things about home schooling, but bottom line is I gotta get them out of the house once in a while!!
Kuddos to you ;)