Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Was Dat??


So my little "pumpkin" up until lately hasn't had too much to say.The usual mama,dadda and that was about it.Was I worried.No,not really."Monkey" was a late talker too.She babbled and responded to simple commands and was quite aware of what I was saying.So whatever.

Well now the flood gates are opened.....WIDE! Her first real word (or at least the one I care to record)was apple.(I didn't think poo poo was something that deserved to be recorded for history!) Now she has been saying things like spoon,car,book,papa and cheese.

Just to take a slight detour (as it is relevant to the story) I have been very grateful that "Monkey" has not hit the "WHY?" stage.At least not yet.She just doesn't seem to care.She does ask questions but not so many that you want to exit stage left and bang your head on the wall a hundred times.With that being said we will return to "pumpkin".At the moment her favorite phrase is "was' dat?"She puts out her chubby little finger and points at everything (and I mean everything)."was' dat?,was' dat? was' dat?This goes on from sun up to sun down.I had to laugh at my sister (H) who was looking after the girls the other night she said she just about went crazy because "pumpkin" kept asking "was' dat" over and over for two hours straight!Yep that would do it.

Now I don't want to discourage her, but wow it gets to be a little much after awhile.Then you go to bed at night with the words circling in your head for hours on end.Oh well.I guess I must just repeat to myself...."It does not last forever".
Thank heaven for that!LOL

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

It's so cute when they start figuring things out, and the curiosity. But oh my goodness the questions!!!!

It doesn't last forever, it just feels like it - ha!
Makes my ears bleed.

Once again, cuteness saves the day. Or the toddler as the case may be!