Saturday, October 24, 2009

Too early for Christmas??

I know,I know it isn't even Halloween yet,but I can't help it.Something has stirred my "Christmas spirit" early this year.Normally I am rolling my eyes about the fact they are trucking out the Christmas before the Halloween candy has even left the shelf.But for whatever reason,maybe the early snow and cold,I am chomping at the bit to start planning and decorating and to sing to my little hearts content.You may think me a little strange.However these last few years have been a struggle for me .I have gone through the motions but the joy hasn't been there.So needless to say I am quite ready to embrace the spirit (Christmas that is) again. It is with out a doubt my favorite time of year! I have already picked up my first new ornament of the year,have purchased some wonderful cinnamon scented pinecones at 70% off and picked up some apple scented candles to line my fireplace mantle.(I am thinking some nice ribbon will add a nice finishing touch).I can hardly wait to start baking shortbread,mincemeat tarts and all the best yummies that make it Christmas.I am looking forward to making some homemade ornaments with the girls and finding presents.This Year should be even more fun beacause "E" will know a little bit more about what is going on.

Now to be patient for just a little bit longer......

2 comments:

April said...

We have to clean up the dining room area today and seeing the small Christmas Tree box still sitting there I'm tempted to just put the tree back up instead of moving it downstairs!

I only put it away in the box I think a couple months ago! lol

Two Mittens said...

Love your blog design!

mmmmm....I think I'm coming over just to smell your house! Your baking reminds me of Grandma, of course. I don't do much christmas baking but maybe I should try.
I hope you have some extra special joy this year *hugs*