Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First "taste" of winter




I have to admit there isn't much that I like about winter.This year the snow and cold have come much earlier than expected.I just can't seem to keep warm no matter how many hot chocolates I drink or how many hot baths I have.(Yes thats my inside voice complaining already).

But it is truly amazing to see things through the eyes of a child.The simplicity of it all.The joy they feel when they catch a snowflake on their tongue or making snow angels in the fresh snow.The twinkle in their eyes when they have a nice snowball waiting ever so patiently for the next victim.How cute they look, so bundled up you can barely see their faces except for the rosy glow of their cheeks and noses.Hmmmm.... maybe winter is not so bad after all.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

Sweet little snow flakes! I have to admit that taking cute pictures makes me feel better too.
I saw a recipe somewhere for apple cider with cinnamon syrup (from Starbucks apparently) with whip cream and caramel drizzel on top. It is said to taste magically like delicious apple pie! hmmm...maybe that would keep us warm =)

(I'm really hating winter too)