Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Shortbread

I've been working on my share of the Christmas baking over the last couple of days. (A little late, but better now than later.)Shortbread is what I do.H does mincemeat tarts.S does nanaimo bars and peanut butter squares.Sorry my jam jam loving cousins, but we dropped these little cookies from our Christmas baking because they never got eaten!

Call me weird...I come by it honestly....but shortbread needs to be aged.Kind of like a good wine or cheese.Not just aged any old way though.It needs to be aged in Grandma's big white Tupperware container. The one that has housed many a year of shortbrtead.There is just something about the flavour of shortbread a la plastic that makes it just perfect.(I told you I was weird).

Any who,
MERRY CHRISTMAS FAMILY!

1 comment:

Mr Hatter said...

NO JAM JAM's!!! Thats it, I disown you. You are no longer my cousin.

And by the way, Merry Christmas.