Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Decade Come and Gone

Can you believe that ten years have come and gone so quickly?So many changes too! Births,deaths, marriages....its crazy.I remember thinking about how old I would be when we reached the year 2000.Wow was I going to be old LOL!But that bench mark has passed and now its 10 years later, now i'm reeeeeallly old.(ha ha).I remember New years Eve 10 years ago.You know... the dreaded Y2K.The media had everyone in such a panic everyone thought it was going to be the end of the world! What happened?NOTHING,Nadda,zip.

Somewhere in a box out in my shed is a little blue box that I painted. I filled it with Y2K memorabilia and I had everyone write on a piece of paper some goals they had for their life.I'm almost tempted to go find the box and open it, but another part of me says leave it for a while longer.
There is a bit of mystery about it.I can't even remember what I wrote.It also contains some precious cargo.On those little pieces of paper there is the personal hand writing of my grandmother and my mom.I think that is partially what stops me from opening it.I don't want to cry.(again)


But that aside I don't really know what I want from this new year.I do know that I have a bizzilion projects floating around in my head.(thanks to all the home decorating blogs that I've been frequenting),there is some sewing that I would like to get done before the girls reach teenagehood,I am trying to improve my photography all the time.

On a personal note I am trying to get into shape.(thanks in part to my Christmas gift-a Wii) Not necessarily to lose weight but just to help myself feel better about myself and to stop looking like I am six months pregnant all the time (yes someone has asked me).I want to look at the positive things my kids are doing instead of complaining about them all the time and I want to travel more.A little farther than my backyard.(D hasn't traveled much other than Brooks,Edmonton and Valemount).I want to change that for him and the girls.Other than that I guess I will take things as they come.


Happy new year one and all

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

It seems like there's always more to be doing, learning, improving upon, shaping up...oh where does a mom find the time?!
At least when we can do little bits at a time we're moving in the right direction.
Happy New Year!