Monday, January 4, 2010

Four


I realize that I am a few days late with this post.After all "Monkey's" birthday was on the 27th. The point I am trying to make is.... who gave her permission to turn 4?It certainly wasn't me.I have given her strict instructions (which she ALWAYS follows to the letter *ahem*)that she was to stop growing older !But being the independent little person she is,she completely ignored me. Some how I was able to deal with her turning 1,2 and 3.Those years are full of exciting changes.You know,walking talking,getting a personality.Those things.But for some reason 4 makes me want to pull back on the reigns.Because 4 leads to 20!Yes I know thats a little bit dramatic but.... (I have no rational answer to give). This past year has had its moments of frustration and complete awe."Monkey" is strong willed and hard headed but on the flip side of the coin she continues to amaze me every day with her capacity for learning.She is a little sponge.I have had many people comment on how smart she is for her age.( just a little bit of pride here).Building,numbers,writing letters are her things and every day she moves just a little bit closer to reading.She can sound out a few short words on her own.I get the feeling she understands a lot more than she lets on.But I don't push her.She doesn't like being told what to do.So she does it when she feels like it. Some of her favorites over this past year have been Disney's "Little Einsteins",her Othello game(she can't really play it but she loves to manipulate the pieces),the computer,dinosaurs, helping to make cookies and the "Blue" store(AKA Walmart).Me thinks she has a little bit of her father in her.

I look forward to seeing who she will blossom into.But does she have to get older?????

2 comments:

Proud Granny said...

I can't believe how old your kids are already either, and how beautiful they are (love the Christmas picture.) It is scary when we see our children growing up and becoming independent little people on their own. Fortunately we don't have to deal with it all at once, but can take it one day at a time. As you know, kids don't always do the things their parents want them to do, but we just keep going and keep having faith, and in the long run it works out.
Love ya!

Two Mittens said...

She is a super smartie! But yes, that can be trouble in a 4yr old ;)

The boys will be 5 soon. That's practically out the door to college...

At least G will always have these great photos to remind her of how she had such a 'creative hairdo' when she turned 4...tee hehe!
love it