Monday, January 25, 2010

Going Down

I have definitely been getting a lot out of my Christmas gift this year. My Wii fit plus has been my constant companion since the day I hooked it up (ok hubby hooked it up).I have not missed a day yet! I'm not losing weight as quickly as I would like and there have been a few times i've wondered, "why am I doing this?" But I keep going.Partially I don't want to let my family down.They invested a lot of money to buy this for me.The biggest part and more importantly I think,is for me.My weight kept ballooning with each pregnancy and then again when I was taking anti-depressants.(my body really does not like them).The heavier I got, the more depressed I got.You see the cycle happening?I guess I just finally got to that point where something had to give.

I must admit I hate all forms of exercise .It is booooring.I have just never found anything that I enjoyed until now.The first time I came in contact with one of these Wii things was at DH sisters' place.I loved it. It was fun and you burned calories at the same time with out realizing your actually doing "exercise".I like it because I don't have to go anywhere except to my living room.I don't have to feel bad in front of others,I don't have to wait for equipment,I can go at my own pace and I can mix things up until my hearts content.I can do a good work out with the aerobics,yoga and strength training or we can just have fun playing games!


As I mentioned before I haven't been losing weight as quickly as I would like.But you also have to take into account that I am an instant gratification type person.So what is to slow for me is actually about right.I have lost nearly 6lbs in 4 weeks and the inches have been coming off all over the place.My stomach, which perpetually looked as if I was 6months pregnant (2 years after the fact) has now been reduced to something less. The clothes I have are starting to fit a lot better.(I've been trying to squeeze myself into the clothes I had because I just couldn't bear to go up another size)Even that lovely "flab" that hangs from the bottom of my arms is starting to shrink.

All in all it has been a positive experience.I just need to keep going and not give in to those little "voices" that tell me "you've never stuck with anything through to the end before.What makes you think you can do it now?" or "Its so much easier just to give up and blame your problem on someone or something else".Maybe one day I will be brave and post a picture.For now I'm just going to keep my focus on the goal I set.


3 comments:

Mr Hatter said...

I saw an article the other day that was saying that you don't burn as many calories with a Wii fit as with the normal step aerobics and other exercising, so that might be why your not loosing the weight as fast as you would like. On the other hand,all the benefits that you mentioned are what makes it so popular. So the choices are, pay for a membership,have to deal with other people and find the motivation to get off your butt and exercise, or stay home, have fun and maybe take a little longer to lose the weight. I'd take option two. Either way cous, keep it up.
P.S. I don't look 6 months pregnant any more ether.

Two Mittens said...

If you're having fun then just keep going!!

I have been going to the gym since summer and I am exactly the SAME WEIGHT. I'm not sure how that's possible but true. Maybe because I've been hungrier. ha. At least I have a little less flab and more tone. It makes me feel better anyway.

You're doing awesome!!

Proud Granny said...

I think you and Mr. Hatter and Mrs. Mittens are all doing great. Perseverence (?) seems to be the key. I plan to start swimming again in Feb.
p.s. I love the new look of your blog!