Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Many Projects

So....Remember when I said I had a million little projects I wanted to accomplish sometime this year?I thought I would just share a FEW of them(other wise we would be here until NEXT year).

This charmi
ng fabric I picked up at Walmart before Christmas.I got it for no other reason than it was pretty.I didn't have a clue what I was actually going to do with it.



(OK I ad
mit, I cheated. I actually managed to accomplish One of the things on my list)
I made these two little skirts from the fabric.They turned out pretty good.In fact I even let the girls go out in public with them!

Then there is
my bathroom. See the window? It is completely naked except for some little hand tinted photographs of flowers that once belonged to Grandma and a little candle holder.I have had the fabric to make curtains for this window for over a year now.I think its about time I did something about it.




Next there is this little chair.I picked it up at a garage sale for $2.00.I loved it.It reminds me of something they use it the decorating magazines that I adore so much.I know it doesn't look very pretty right now.But you see, that is my point.I have been intending on painting it and reupholster it.But here it sits , a couple years later,exactly as it was



In my kitchen is a little pantry that I made all by myself (puff out chest).But I have never liked the door.It is plain and flat and well....ugly.So my plan is to put on some moulding and fill in the center with chalkboard paint (another idea from my decorating magazines).I have the moulding,I have the paint now I just have to do it!




And last but certainly not least is my fire place mantel.Right now it screams unorganized mess!I want to do something with it to draw your eye to it.Im just not sure what I want to do with it yet.I have to be careul what I put there.Because a certain small person climbs the back of the chair to perch herself on it.So it definately can not be anything that I would be devastated if it fell.



There are so many more things, but I'll try to keep you posted if I actually manage to get anything done!

1 comment:

So Smitten said...

The skirts are adorable! Love the fabric. YOu DO have a lot of projects on the go. Fun to see! I love the chalkboard idea too. Hmmm...I'll have to think of a place to put one...