Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I didn't realize

I apologize for not being here in such a long time.Time seems to have gotten away from me.Not to mention this stupid cold that has taken over our household.Grrrr.

I have also been in some sort of "funk" lately.My picture taking fell by the wayside and I haven't had too many inspiring moments.I was a crazy picture taking fool.Now I can't seem to take any good pictures or at the very least, take a bad picture and make it look good.I am frustrated with my limited knowledge of GIMP (photo editing program) and have hit a plateau.I want to do more with them.I can use some photoshop plug ins but most don't work with GIMP. GIMP has all the capabilities of "photoshop" but there aren't that many "actions" that are already put together so you don't have to write your own scripts.

Anywho here is a couple of pictures just so you don't think I've totally fallen off the wagon!

P.S. There are a few more pictures that have potential and the results of one of my projects (If I can finish it off this weekend)

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

Don't feel discouraged. We all go through slow times and then one day you'll feel inspired and excited to try something new.
I think this time of year is especially ugly, although the sunshine helps! I keep trying to think of how I can capture the sun without getting any ugly brown grass or trees in the background. The new conservatory is open at the zoo. I think the beautiful flowers and the giant windows might be fun to play with...

I don't know anything about GIMP but I've found a ton of helpful tutorials and ideas at http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/
maybe you can find a way to apply it to your program?
Or maybe you need to look into getting photoshop elements... Mother's Day is just around the corner!! *hint hint*