Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New goal

If you will take just a moment to have a "boo" at the right hand column of my blog, you will notice that I have added a new little "ticker" called weight loss. (They have these things for everything)

One of the homeschool blogs that I follow has one on hers and I think its pretty cool and very motivating.You have something that you can physically watch and see your progress! A couple of years ago I did loose quite a bit of weight but I got lazy and gained all but 2lbs back.But I would really like to get back on track because I think it would benefit my over all health. Both physically and mentally.

Although I am aware that exercise and diet are important.I am not going to lie to you.I loathe exercise in most forms.It bores me to death.I was never very athletic as a kid and anything I did manage to enjoy back then is not even remotely possible for me to do now. Gymnastics anyone?? I don't like walking or biking unless its to go to the store for a slurpee, which totally defeats the purpose , organized sports I can't do because I don't have the stamina to keep running at a constant pace (I never could even as a kid). Jogging?? (see walking and bike riding) and who has got time to go to a gym?? not me. So I am going to go back to my trusty little Wii. The weight loss is slower but that's ok. I even have a new 'Gold's Gym' work out disc to try out. It could be fun.Skipping, boxing,cardio and other things all in the comfort of my own home. I can just let it all hang out and not have to worry that people might be staring at me.

In regards to food I find it to be quite a challenge. While I do enjoy a variety of fruits, meat and veggies I can not bring myself to eat yogurt,oatmeal,fish,beans,lentils and most anything else the nutrition world deams as "good for you".My only goal for this right now is to work on more 'from scratch' meals and less pre-packaged ones.Grocery prices have got a lot to do with this one right now.I have to carefully plan what to make in order to keep costs down.

So here's to a new adventure and hopefully a successful one!! :)

3 comments:

Two Mittens said...

hey, I left a comment here yesterday...where'd it go???!

Daisy Patch said...

Hmmmm I don't know? I only just checked it today. Silly computers!!

Two Mittens said...

Anyway...I was going to say that a lot of people think that fruits and veg and meats are the perfect way to eat!
(ditch the refined sugars and carbs)

If you google 'paleo diet' you might find some fun recipes. OK, maybe some strange foods too, but you can just ignore those ;)

I say do whatever is fun for you! I also like to walk or ride to 'treats' as a goal. Otherwise it can just be so boring. I need incentive! ha!
(although I still think it's kind of funny what grosses you out ;p)