Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Busy Busy

I'm back! For all those who were worried (I know you were) I did not fall of the face of the earth.My feet are firmly planted right where they've always been.I have just had a few things on the go and some things I wish would go! Our household has been afflicted with the dreaded COLD! Sniffles,hacking , humidifiers, cough syrup, endless supplies of Kleenex,you name it.I used to be proud of the fact that I hardly ever got sick.Then BAM! you have kids and then that wonderful record goes out the window.*sigh*.The sniffles are still present but at least they seem to be not so bad.They sure are taking their sweet time to leave though.In the mean time I decided that I would teach myself to crochet.One hook is much easier to deal with than two needles.I have knit before.My grandma taught me when I was small but I was never very thrilled with the fact that I could only make a doll scarf.So it wasn't long before I lost interest.So why crochet?Well I wanted to make one of those little "beanie" hats for my "pumpkin".I figured if I made a few and added some flowers people would stop thinking she was a little boy!My first one took me three days including several hours of trying to untangle unruly yarn.In the end it kind of looked like a doily but I salvaged it with some ribbon and flowers so it looks really cute.I did another one for my "monkey".It took far less time the second time (about 6 hours) .I still wasn't perfect but at least this time it actually looked like a hat.LOL.We have also started a new renovation project which shouldn't take too long.We are adding french pocket doors between our dining room and living room.I'm not a big fan of open concept design so this is kind of the best of both worlds.I get my seperate room but the doors let in a lot of natural light there by giving the feeling of openness.Thats it for now I will share some pictures when the project is complete.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

Good for you crocheting! I think knitting is hard too, but I agree on the one needle idea. You'll have to show us your cute hats.

Kids are such germ magnets. Sometimes it feels like you're never going to all get well again. If only those flu shots reeeeallly worked! (like you wouldn't get sick at all)

I bet your doors are fab!