Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lost

Well here I am, on a sort of mini vacation, in Valemount, B.C..My DH is doing some work for one of his dad's customers.Oh I know its a long way to travel (6-9 hours) just to spray a ceiling with texture.But it is very difficult(and expensive) to bring trades people here.I really wanted to tag a long.First of all to see some different scenery and second I really did not want to be looking after the two kids by myself (single parents I salute you!) for four days.It also gives the girls a chance to see Grandpa.(Grandma is away at the moment).I also had the notion that I would have a chance to relax because I don't have to cook the meals and do the laundry ect.ect..The first day was alright but now I feel lost.I feel like I should be doing something.I'm getting bored and fidgitty.There isn't much to do around here during the winter unless your into snowmobiling.Its only a hamlet of about 2000 people.I guess I've got too much of my mom in me.She never sat still for long either.I would take the girls out for a walk or something except for the fact it has been very windy since we've been here and my little monkey doesn't like the wind.She wouldn't stay outside for long.

Its kind of funny.I spend time wishing that all the house work would just go away.Especially the dishes.I hate dishes with a passion!Then when I don't have them to do I wish that I did.How crazy and messed up is that.I certainly wouldn't complain if someone put me on a beach in some warm place and said relax.Some how I think dishes would be far from my mind.Oh well soon we will be traveling home and I will be dreaming of the next vacation.

No comments: