Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Biker Babes


Well now that spring has decided to come and the warmer temperatures have lingered, the bikes have made the all important journey from the shed to the front yard.It is rather interesting to note that when "monkey" was around 18 months I purchased a tricycle for her...not so much as a bat of an eyelash.She just wasn't interested.So then I decided to get another little bike that didn't have pedals but used "foot power" instead.She showed only slightly more interest but not enough to use it more than once or twice.My dad also got her a trike that stayed at his house.Now she has a bike with training wheels,which she got for her birthday.Two of her bikes are too small,the one my dad got her she can't ride because of where the pedals are placed,she is too short to reach them.By the time she can reach them the bike will be too small ! Now I am trying to encourage her to use the bigger bike but she just sits on it and complains that she "can't do it!"Then proceeds to tell me she is going inside to watch a show.*sigh*.My "pumpkin" how ever has taken to the "foot powered"bike like a duck to water and she is only 13 months old.I have even caught her trying to climb on the "big" bike a few times

.It never ceases to amaze me that they came from the same two people.They are polar opposites in just about every aspect! And as far as the bike riding issues go.Nothing a little sibling rivalry won't cure.You just have to mention that "pumpkin" is outside playing on the bike and "monkey" is outside like a shot.Despite the fact that she is way too big for them , you will find her most often using the two smaller bikes.At first I tried to direct her toward the b
igger bike but she would just give up and go inside.So I decided to set aside my "mom" brain and just let her play on the others.May be by giving her the freedom to choose, she will eventually make it over to the bigger bike!

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

love the dolly in the basket!
the little 'foot' bike is really cool.