Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Project




This weekend was another time for change.Maybe the snow has got to my brain or something but I decided to give my girls room a make over.I am pretty proud of myself since I did most of the work myself.I even made DH proud because I actually took the time to mask off stuff and remove the electrical socket covers and everything.Normally I am too lazy to do it.

I guess not so much lazy as the fact that I really hate it.Its boring and it takes way too long.I want to get to the good stuff.The END result.Most of the time my impatience gets the better of me.On any given project I like the planning and ideas but I hate the middle part, the prep work,the drudgery blah.Just get me to the end so I can see what was floating around in my head come to life!....

Aaaahh but I digress.Back to the room.So the idea started with the fact that my monkey has decided her favorite color is blue.(much to my dismay because blue has never been at the top of my list)If there is anything blue in her drawer to wear she's got it on.Sometimes multiple shades of it all at the same time.So I decided I could live with it as long as it was a pastel shade."Monkey" shares her room with her little sister,as we only have a two bedroom house.She is not old enough to choose a color ,so what to do?I happened to be at Walmart looking through the bedding section and I found these really cool sheets.They were pinstriped in various colors.Blue,pink,yellow,purple(i feel like i should be singing that song from Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat).Perfect.Surely when pumpkin gets old enough to have a favorite color it will be in there.So I built around that theme.Then I happened to find two matching quilts at a different Walmart(you can never seem to find everything at one store!).Then off to Home Depot for some paint.My favorite part is choosing the color.Everything is now assembled now the only thing left is to do it.I chose to wait until the weekend so that DH could help look after the two little busy bodies.What a dismal failure that was,not DH,just trying to keep them under control.DH was trying to organize his tax papers at the same time.This is the time you wish you had a Velcro wall and a couple of little Velcro suits.

I guess to make a long story short.I am finished.I think it looks amazing.I just have to finish accessorizing but at least they can sleep in there beds again.It is entirely impossible to sleep with 4 people in one bed.At least comfortably.I do not wish to do that again for a very long time!Hmmmm now what can I decorate???

No comments: