Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Trip to the Lake


So last weekend DH went on a men's retreat with our church.Its an annual thing (the ladies have theres in September).But I decided I didn't feel like staying home alone.I probably would have gone off the deep end.So I stayed the weekend at my dad's house (he was gone too)and spent time hanging out with my sisters.It was great.On the Friday we went to Peter's for supper.I know I know not exactly the healthiest meal in the world but it was good.Then we rented a couple of movies.Actual movies that were not of the animated kind,movies that had real people and interesting story lines.Whoo hoo!We watched "The secret life of Bees".Interesting but not a totally memorable one that I would just have to watch over and over again.Then on Saturday I felt the need for a road trip so we packed up the girls and headed to Brooks to go visit the Lake.I haven't been there in years.Its funny though,I spent a good portion of my childhood out there.Camping, picnicing and swimming, yet when I went there I felt like a stranger.I guess I have finally been "citified" and Brooks has lost its hold on me.I have no desire be there anymore.I am quite happy to be where I am small town feel close to the city.

Pumpkin loved the sand and the water but Monkey spent the whole time screeching and crying because bugs were touching her!
It was still too cold for swimming but monkey insisted on having her "suit" on and her "balloon".I tried to tell her, but being three, the ears weren't exactly tuned in.So I did as she asked and she put her "balloon" on the edge of the water and them promptly complained "its cold!"*SIGH*.That was the end of that.She didn't start enjoying herself until we went and played at the park.We had to have ice cream.It wouldn't be the lake if we didn't have that.So $8.50 later we were enjoying a sweet treat.Then just before we were ready to go we had a rowsing game of "chase the gopher".

So it was back on the road again,singin' to jukebox music from the 50's and 60's and feeling fine.DS didn't think it would be such a good idea to roll down the windows and stick our heads out like they do in the movies .Party pooper! LOL! We finished the day off by watching the other movie we rented "Seven Pounds" (sad,but I really liked it).It was a great weekend.Just too bad it had to end.

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

nice photos!
isn't it crazy how we work so hard to have some fun, which turns out to be not as much fun for our little people as we were expecting...but more work for us...and then we turn right around and do it again...
I want to see Seven Pounds too. Must plan movie night!