Thursday, January 15, 2009

At Last


At last! The weather is taking a turn for the better.Got to love Chinook country!The temperatures are supposed to be well above zero (Celsius), for the next few days anyways.I know that it is still winter but it does give a body reason to hope.I will be glad to see some of the snow go.On the other hand my car is not so fond of the dry powdery slush.I have already got stuck in it when I was at my sister-in-laws house.My poor car just sank right in.It took three of us to push it out.

I must insert a little rant.I really really resent the people who say that we are lazy and too cheap to get winter tires and they don't feel sorry for those who get stuck and don't have them.(Just hope they remember all the people they insulted when someone has to get them unstuck!)I have no doubt that there is some truth to that statement but then there are those of us who have to choose between feeding our children and putting a roof over their heads or putting some rubber on our cars.I do have good all season tires and when the weather dictates I slow down and use caution.I do not wish to put my girls or myself in any unnecessary danger. Besides that snow tires are NOT going to save you when you hit a patch of ice going 130km/h down the Deerfoot because you think your invincible.There, I have said my piece, take it as you will .


No comments: