Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2009! Did you make your New Year's resolution? Not me. I never make them.First of all because I have absolutely no will power what so ever and second (most important) I don't like change.I like things to stay exactly as they are.Familiar,comfortable.In fact I dread even the smallest change to my routine.If you want me to be spontaneous you better give me a weeks notice so I can think about it first.LOL! Over the past few years with the loss of my Grandpa,my Grandma and most recently my mom.The holidays have been quite an upheaval for me.I am finding it hard to "fill in the gaps" in my holiday traditions.I liked things the way they were the same every year.Some would find that pretty boring.But I found comfort in the"sameness".I feel almost lost.Drifting with out an anchor.I can't even adopt some of DH traditions because his parents decided a few years ago that they weren't "doing" Christmas any more.A bit awkward to say the least.Oh well enough with being depressing.Things will work themselves out eventually.I just have to start slow.I don't really have any expectations from this new year other than I would like to continue to challenge myself to try new things.It is a very huge deal for me and very hard.But I can do it! I am going to try making those leg warmer things on Mrs.Twomittens blog.That will be a good start.And hey if they don't work out my girls are still at the age where they can't complain heeheehee (evil mom laugh...)

2 comments:

Proud Granny said...

I think you have more strength than you know. 2009 will be a year of excitement and growth for all of us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to seeing pictures of those two cuties of yours.

Two Mittens said...

The legwarmers are super easy and fun. Can't wait to see them.

I find too much routine makes me crazy. I like to change things up a bit. But I'm always looking for holiday traditions to fit our family. It's not always easy to do. Something meaningful and enjoyable.
The traditions we had growing up still mean a lot to me.