Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Winter chill

I must admit, we are only 7 days into January and I can hardly wait until it is over.I can honestly say I have never been fond of the first two months of the year.January is such a let down after weeks of preparation for Christmas and February even though it is the shortest month, seems to be the longest.I'm also not much of a fan of winter...period.I hate being cold , I hate the short hours of daylight and scraping ice from the windshield.I especially hate winter driving! It does have its redeeming qualities though.Like when it snows and you can't hear noise from passing cars or other people.It is just so serene or when there is frost on the trees making them completely white and the sun is shining.Hot chocolate(preferably "After Eight" mmmm) is a definite plus.But over all I can hardly wait for spring to arrive.I love to see my plants poking there heads out and the smell of new leaves.I just love the newness of everything It just fills me full of anticipation and hope.I guess for now I will have to resign myself to dreaming about what I will plant in my vegetable garden this year and what new plants I will bring home from the nursery to continue building my "cottage style" garden.Flowers make me smile.Raspberries and blackberries(hopefully they survived the winter) yummy.*SIGH* Hurry spring. I am waiting.....

No comments: