Friday, January 9, 2009

Sleepless in Okotoks


We've all had them.You know,those nights where your mind is so full of things to think about that you just can't sleep.I have a weakness when it comes to home decorating.I love it.But I should just never read decorating magazines before I go to bed.I know better but I can't help it.The shiny , colourful pictures just draw me in.I know my house will never look like the ones in the magazines.I mean hey, I have kids.But I still like to try.My house is small.Especially by the standards most people have today.But I don't mind.It is only 932 sq ft,Has two bedrooms and 1 bathroom which most peoples walk in closets are bigger than!The kitchen is a small galley style and my laundry room is in the kitchen because it doesn't have a basement.(just dirt).A lot of my freinds think we were crazy for buying the house and still shake thier heads.But it was a case of love at first sight.A diamond in the rough so to speak. My dh is very talented in renovating.It helps that he is a drywaller and his dad is a general contractor.So we have spent many an hour renovating and addind our persoal touches to the house.We were planning on lifting the house and putting a proper foundation under it, ffilling out the back corner so that we could add an extra room.We have a floor plan all worked out.Did I mention that DH is handy? He has taken drafting so he can draw up his own plans.But it doesn't look like it will be happening any time soon.The economy is slow and money is tight.So I have been trying to figure out how I can use the existing space more efficiently.Boy did my brain work over time.I wish you could get paid for working in your sleep.I would be a millionaire by now.But I have some plans now I just have to get off my butt and do them.Hmmmmm......where to begin.

2 comments:

Two Mittens said...

Who could resist those hearts in the fence! As long as you love it, that's all that matters. Although I'm sure you wouldn't love it any less WITH a basement.
A lot of places in the world live in much smaller spaces than most of us are used to. You just have to be creative, as you are.

Daisy Patch said...

DH made the fence for me two summers ago.Before there was only two really scraggly bushes on either side of the path.