Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Teething pain

What ever doctors claimed that teething does not cause pain for babies has either never had a child or is in complete denial My little pumpkin is trying to push out a mouthful of teeth all at once.I'm not sure if its causing more misery for her or me.With my little monkey it wasn't so bad it was more drool than any thing else.She got her first tooth at 6 months and didn't get anymore until she turned one.My little pumpkin got her fist tooth at 6 months but she is only 10 months now and has 4 or 5 new ones that are bulging.Its the constant crying that gets me.I wish someone would invent ear plugs that tuned out whining and crying but let all other sound through.LOL!I prefer the sound of giggles and laughter to the ear piercing shrieks.*Sigh* Oh well at least it is a short lived phase and soon there will be other things to worry about such as objects being shoved into small places that you never thought anything could fit,swallowing things that would disgust even the strongest stomach, the multiple bruises from learning to walk that look like you beat your children on a regular basis.Aaahhh! childhood.I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.(Except may be a nap once in a while)

1 comment:

Two Mittens said...

Poor little babes.
E started getting teeth at 4 months!! I couldn't believe it. And she didn't stop until she got them all. She's getting all her 2yr molars right now. Explains the drool and the whining.
It's really no fun for anyone.
Hope your little E is feeling better.